Please join us in congratulating our newest CPCUs: Ryan Berberich, Debra Bosse, Kevin Brown, William Felvey, Robert Girard, Valerie Harte, Marcus Hensel, Tracey Jennings, Derek Lynch, Timothy Martin, Megan Olson, David Peters, Belinda Poulston, Tomomi Steincamp, Brandy Taliaferro, & Charles White
Welcome to the Richmond CPCU Society Chapter’s website – a Gold Circle of Excellence Chapter. This is the highest recognition award for a chapter. Once again, our Chapter has earned this designation for the 2011-2012 period. Thanks to everyone who had a part in this! Contact an officer for information on how to be a part of the Richmond Chapter, or visit our calendar for information on upcoming events.
- On 9/25/13, Fire Chief William D. Mackay met with members of the Richmond CPCU Society Chapter at the Eastern Firehouse located on River Road West where he was presented with a check for $500 for the purpose of providing smoke detectors for those in need within Goochland County. The funds will purhcase approximately 150 smoke detectors. Click here to see a picture of Gregory Chew, President, Lauren Outen, Good Works Chairperson, and Mary Beth Scherer, Executive Director presenting the check to Fire Chief Mackay at the new 911 Memorial in front of the station.
- New slate of officers for 2014 announced & will be voted on at the October 17th meeting: Larry Fernandez – President, Mark Schauss – Vice-President, Erica Myers – Secretary, Chris Cook – Treasurer, Hunter Morgan – Assistant Treasurer
- Join us December 4th – New 2013 CGL & Auto course & 2013 Advanced Business Income Course – Visit our Chapter Calendar for more info.
- Season Passes for the 2013/2014 season are available.
- New online course registration added. You can now register for CPCU & IIA classes offered by the Chapter online!
- 2012 Company of the Year: Markel Corporation
- 2012 CPCU of the Year: Larry Fernandez
- We’re Linkedin…You can now follow the Greater Richmond Chapter!
- Check out our Schedule of events
- Login to the National CPCU Society’s Website to pay dues and update your profile.
- Class information
- Are you a CPCU out and about giving insurance related presentations? Let us know!
- Become a CPCU! Get a list of Conferment Dates and Locations.
- Wondering where to begin? Here’s an overview of the CPCU designation.
- Are you CPD Qualified? Click here for more information.
- Read an article on Rating Knowledge.
- Read about the impact of the recession on the Ethical Environment of the P&C Insurance Industry.
- Help Wanted for InVEST Program - InVEST, which can be an important pathway for future diversity at your company and in the overall insurance industry, is searching for volunteers to enter high school classrooms to open students’ eyes about the industry and its incredible career opportunities. Are you that person? Do you have one hour twice a year to commit to talking to students of all ages about your profession – your livelihood? Think about the mentors you had and the influence they had on you. Wouldn’t you like to be that same, positive influence for another person? Serving as an InVEST volunteer offers that oppportunity. Go online for more information, then email InVEST Executive Director Diane Mattis firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in getting you started.